WORKOUT of the DAY
- 1. Bench Press: 6x3 (89%)
- 2. Push Press: 4x3
- 2a. T-bar Row: 4x6
- 3. DB Row: 4x5/side
- 3a. DB Lateral Raise:4x15
- 4. Upright Row: 3x8
Partition as needed
- 100 calorie Assault Bike
- 100 calorie Ski
- 100 calorie Row
- 200 AbMat sit-ups
- 1. Deadlift: 3x5, 3x3
AR= 10 strict L-raise
5 minute EMOM
- 5 Hip Power Snatch
3 minute rest
5 minute EMOM
- 2 (1+1) Power Snatch + Hang Power Snatch
Spring/Summer Joules | Watts Cycle
"We've adapted and adjusted this for our CrossFit athletes but this is a the
primary program design we use for High School and college athletes to establish a much more solid
"Base" before returning to their respective sport in the fall." says Coach Robert.
We are currently in our "Off-Season" Strength Program. The adult program runs from 5/6 to 9/7/19 (18 working weeks). For High school and college athletes the summer program starts the first week in June. Now is a great time to add our Joules Watts program. Our off-season program is periodized into 4 meso cycles (briefly described below). This is a typical program you'd see in an off season sports program with the primary goal to come into "next season" with better coordination, more strength and power output.
ME-CO Camp (Phase): 3 weeks (5/6-5/25)
- Goal and focus: Build coordination, muscular endurance & lactate threshold
- 3-4 days/week with moderate to low intensity & volume. Novice do 3 day total body splits. Intermediate-Advanced: 4 days w/ 2 upper and 2 lower split.
- ~15 reps. Balance, control & stability
"Hyp" Camp (Phase): 4 weeks (5/27-6/22)
- Goal and focus: to get bigger & start building muscular strength. Increase Lactate threshold & Reduce Body Fat.
- 3-4 days/week. Increase volume & intensity.
- 12-6 reps. Control & Isolation. Slow & controlled with reduced tempo each week.
Strength Camp (Phase): 6 weeks (7/1-8/10)
- Goal and focus: to increase Muscular Strength.
- 3-4 days/week. Highest intensity with most rest!
- 1-5 reps. Explosive & speed work as conditioning and/or PAP as weeks progress.
- Goal and focus: to increase Total Body Power & rate of force production.
- 3 days/week. Dial down intensity <50% to increase ROM & speed. Maintain Strength work while reducing overall volume.
posted on 5/13/2019