WORKOUT of the DAY
- 1. Push Press: 6x3 (E3M)* BF
- 2. OH Walking Lunge Steps: 3x6/leg
- 2a. Speed Skaters: 3x10seconds
- 8 Dual Jammer Press (alternating splits)
- 12 Power Shrugs (chains)
- 8 BU KB Walking Lunge L&R
- 12 Incline Scaptions
- 3 minute rest
15 minute alternating EMOM
- a. 60' FR Carry
- b. 10 Prone Shoulder Ext--> swim
Complete the following with a partner and partition as needed
- 200 Swings Rx 53/35
- 2K Row
- 5x 75m Carries Rx 100/80
Building Fit Babies & Mommas
We asked a few of our expecting moms in the gym about staying active, doing CrossFit during pregnancy and how it's helped them. Here's what they had to say....
"Working out during pregnancy has been such a challenge, yet a rewarding experience. Learning what my body is still capable of, yet navigating the safest ways to do it has been exciting! Exercise has held me accountable, kept me on track with a great diet and most of all has led to us having a healthy, growing boy. Pregnancy and our changing bodies can be difficult for us women; especially those of us who are athletic and used to seeing ourselves a certain way. Being involved in an exercise program helps build that confidence and a sense of community that has really helped me understand being a soon-to-be mom and brining life into this world is a way better joy than having a six-pack!"
- Ashley T.
"Working out during pregnancy has made me feel so much better. I feel stronger, healthier, and more energized. I truly believe it is one of the best things I can do for myself and my baby."
- Erin R."Working out during pregnancy has helped me stay fluid. I feel like pregnancy can cause stiffness, and I found my body aches a lot less on the days I workout. It has also helped me maintain my energy level. I think working out during pregnancy is a must, and I'm fortunate to be surrounded by educated coaches who can help me modify the movements when needed."- Katy B.
posted on 6/8/2019