WORKOUT of the DAY
JOULES | WATTS
- 1. Defecit PLA (chanins) DL: 4x15
- 1a. Deficit PLA (banded) Split Squat: 4x15/side
- 2. PLA (banded) Good-mornings: 3x15
- 2a. Lateral Step-ups: 3x15/side
- 3. Reverse Hypesr: 3x15
- 3a. Lateral Squat Shift: 3x6/side
14 min alternating EMOM
- E: 10 yard sled push + 10 yard sled back pedal
- O: 30 seconds Strict L-Raise
16 minute alternating EMOM
- E: 30 seconds: Rope Climbs
- O: 30 seconds: Dips on P-bars
3 minute, 4 minute & 5 minute AMRAP
(2 minute rest after each amrap)
- 20 Double Unders
- 20 Swings Rx 53/35
- 20 Box Jumps Rx 20"
- 20 Calorie Row
70 is the New 40?
"We know we need to exercise for our health, but a lifelong exercise habit may also help us feel younger and stay stronger well into our senior years. In fact, people in their 70s who have been exercising regularly for decades seem to have put a brake on the aging process, maintaining the heart, lung and muscle fitness of healthy people at least 30 years younger" (npr.org).
This article posted on NPR shows the benefit of exerciese and aging; rather anti-aging. Check out the full article here.
posted on 12/12/2018